Itchy Feet

Monday, June 19, 2006

Deepest darkest Peru

Well, D-day has come and in less than three hours I will be in my taxi on the way to the airport in Lima. Today has been a good day and I feel positive about moving on. I went to the doctor today for a final check-up before leaving Peru and he said Bean was doing really well, now weighing 813 g, which is apparently about 1.81bs. I've put on between 4 and 5 kilos so far, which is apparently good as well. After a trip to hairdressers and a manicure and pedicure - well, a girls got to do what a girls got to do, and it is a lot cheaper here than in Bermuda!, I went to Larcomar for lunch at one of my old faves, Vivaldino. Looking out over the grey sea offset by its bright white waves, it felt like the last three years had gone very quickly, while at the same time, I have learnt so much and changed a great deal. On the way back to Mark's to finish packing, I found something that really made my day....a real Peruvian Paddington Bear. I couldn't resist buying it for Bean, even though it was from one of the tourist shops. It's got a little duffel coat and a blue hat. I think it's quite appropriate that it's the first teddy I have bought Bean and that it's the first time I have seen Paddington in Peru and that it happens to be my last day here because Dad and I had talked about trying to start importing them into Peru when he was here, so I think that makes it even more like serendipity.
Well, I had better go and try and re-distribute the weight between my two bags, because at the moment one is a lot heavier than the other.
In the meantime, love to all my friends in Peru. I will miss you very much. I may not have as frequent access to the internet once I get to Bermuda, but I will try and post as frequently as possible and keep you up to date with all the goings-on.
Hannah
xxx

8 Comments:

  • I hope you took your marmalade sandwiches with you...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:31 am  

  • Hi Hannah! Long overdue introduction: Mia, Kevin's girlfriend, 29, London, 18
    weeks tomorrow!

    Yes, those disturbing pregnancy dreams, I relate... have
    given birth to our cat Salem several times and have even breastfed him (have a
    feeling I shouldn't be telling anyone other than K about this), K thinks this
    stems from my anxiety about him not being my baby for much longer...I guess it's
    good to work out these issues in advance!

    It's great to hear you're enjoying this experience, in spite of the sleep
    logistics (have now mastered the left-side, leg-over pillow position...oh,
    something to do with better blood flow to the vitals by the way), the outie and
    the running embargo... lots of luck with the rest of your pregnancy, it's nice
    to know what JB is up to, 8 weeks ahead of baby Coombs here....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:12 pm  

  • Hola Hannah (and Bean and Jon)

    Hal sent me the link to your 'Itchy Feet' and I just wanted to wish you the best of times in Bermuda. Sorry I wasn't there for your leaving party but I heard everyone gave you a really good send off (like the earrings by the way ... definitely the right choice!).

    All well here in Glasgow. I started teaching today and they're a good group. It has rained almost constantly though since I arrived (after a just a couple of sunny days last week) so I'm wishing the summer would come back. The rest of Blighty seems to be basking in sun and I need to go and buy a pair of wellies. Still, shouldn't complain, it's nice to be back.

    Keep in touch. Do you have any special birthday plans?

    Loads of love,
    Lorna xx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:48 pm  

  • Hurray! Glad that you now have earrings - no more 'holes in ears'! So uncouth....
    Glad that you finally made it to Bermuda. Love and Luck to you all.
    xxxxxxxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:41 pm  

  • Just re-read Lorna's entry -- maybe the earrings aren't Hannah's after all. In which case, back to stage one!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:43 pm  

  • Hey Han
    I don't believe it - I don't get the chance to check it for a week or so and I come back and you've written LOADS!!!!

    Hope you are doing ok now. I totally sympathise about the toilet situation - I am a bit particular myself too!!!

    Look after yourself, say hi to Jon and I was glad to see the photos showing the presence of JB - finally!!!

    Lots of love to my little cuz
    xxxxxxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:25 pm  

  • Hi Hannah, I'm going to miss you in Lima!! I hope you love The Triangle!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:47 pm  

  • Sorry, that "anonymous" entry was me....Mark.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home