Itchy Feet

Monday, June 12, 2006

Twenty five weeks and thank you

Twenty-five weeks today and the Beanie Baby is growing at a startling pace. The hours of wake and sleep seem to be pretty regular now and although I still can't distinguish if it's an elbow, a knee, a hand or a foot that is bashing me, the kicks are pretty constant. Sleep seems to be a thing of the past. I just can't get comfortable and I guess my subconscious is kicking in every time I drift off, which means weird and wacky dreams. But, I am feeling happier and more relieved than I have been in a long time. I wanted to thank everyone for crossing all their fingers and toes and much more in the past few weeks. It's meant a lot and I really appreciate the postings on the blog. Hilary, I got the messages, so thanks....I'm glad I can keep you all up-to-date, and hope you will forgive the occasional grumpiness.
Jon and I spent a long time on messenger last night -- the longest in ages and I know he is feeling immensely relieved by the results of his meeting yesterday. We still need to keep our fingers crossed though and hope that they can pull off the visa issue by July 1.
Two other mentions: it seems the boat launch is going to be August 13, and -- phew, phew -- not on August 19th, the day of Sarah (Jon's sister's) wedding to Steve, which of course Jon wasn't going to miss for the world...and Happy Birthday to Sarah for today....I hope she has a great day and doesn't work too hard.
Twelve days until I'm in my thirtieth year.....what a terrifying thought! 105 days until Bean is due....exciting, but scary too!
Love to you all
H and B
xx

2 Comments:

  • Hello Gorgeous Mum 2B
    I'm not sure that I have understood all the ups and downs, but am hoping that today it still seems to be a good day. Pregnancy is a time of uncertainty and can be scary and that's for 'normal' situations. You're (as always!) the exception to the rule: other side of world from family, thousands of miles from Jon, squatting (not yet, not yet!) in someone's appartment, no place to call home...
    Hey - it can only get better and you certainly deserve a break. Well done for riding the storm, earth tremors included, so far.
    You've got so many good friends around the world and so many members of the family all wishing you well. Know we're all thinking of you, Jon and Beanie Baby.
    Love you lots, Mum xxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 am  

  • Just one heartfelt comment from someone who has known you from birth --what 'OCCASIONAL' grumpiness????!
    Do you mean the fish finger/deep freeze grumpiness? Or the "someone has eaten my last,sticky Smartie" grumpiness? Or the "someone else did it" grumpiness? Or the "it's Big Kate's fault (probably)" grumpiness? Or the "Susie got no eyes.." grupiness? Or the.......

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home