Itchy Feet

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Loads of rubbish

Our lives have been packed into bags and I've spent hours sifting sentimentally through and abandoning the artefacts of my childhood and adolescence. We've now moved house and I am very sad. Sitting here on the last chair in Coastguard Cottages, it feels like I'm paying a visit to the grave of someone who I appreciate much more now they're dead. And I can't have them back. And I can't move back in here. We have been uprooted and decamped to our new home on the High Street in Lymington. It's in a impressive Georgian building with high ceilings and decent access to the shops. But, I'm not happy. I am aware that I am probably coming across as a miserable sod in this posting, but I need some outlet for my grumps. I had two hours' sleep last night because we are several doors down from a late bar and because various boy racers decided they wanted to drive up and down the road like maniacs.
A new paragraph is now called for as I've been turfed off the chair and sit typing this against the cold stone wall.
This morning the car got clamped. There are reasons this happened and there are reasons too why the clamp is still on there despite a visit by the clamp man. These are not reasons I understand or appreciate.
I am going to London this afternoon and hope whilst there I will get an emotional boost and feel like I actually want to come back to this town. At the moment I don't and the only reason I will is Azara. I am going to do some shifts at the World Service for two days and am going to be glad of the mental stimulation. By staying at Hilary's tonight, I might get some sleep, I suppose.
Azara can tell things are not quite right and, in addition to the teething, she has been quite grumpy for a few days.
It's funny how sadness limits the adjectives I use, stifling my desire to write.

4 Comments:

  • Feel inadequate to reply to this posting, but want you to know how many people are out there for you. And feeling for you.........

    As for the wheel clamp on the car - just the final straw I should think.
    Love you
    Fairy G xxxxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:46 pm  

  • Oh dear, you sound very sad, we aren't totally sure why but hope that life starts to get better soon. Azara is so cute and has to make up for alot of your problems. Spent last evening with your Mum and Dad and had a very nice time - feel sure that you will be cheered up by the jumper which is coming to Azara from her Irish Gt Aunt !! love from all of us xxxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:46 pm  

  • give me your new number when you get it...i will miss our gossips in the mean time!!!!! Texts just aren't as good........
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:54 pm  

  • Oh Hugs to you. Just moving myself, I know how tough it can be. What exactly does the car got clamped mean? The week before we left Pueblo, Bob's car got broken into and they took the stereo and mangled the seats. WE chalked it up to our goodbye from Pueblo. Oh I hope things get better for you. Write anytime. Take care of Azara. She is so sweet. I wish we lived closer to eachother. Kids do react to each move differently. Ethan took this one quite hard. If you need to talk, give me a shout. Hugs again. Danelle

    By Blogger Robert Ross, at 4:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home