Itchy Feet

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Chasing my tail


If life was busy before, it's now about to become even more so. As of tomorrow, I start working at Oxfam as an Emergencies Press Officer, with my main focus on being increasing media coverage of the situation in Darfur and Chad and the role Oxfam is playing there. I am incredibly excited about it and think it's going to be a fantastic challenge, but I'm a little anxious about the commuting - as the job is based in Oxford it may be four hours a day on the road. I have been told that I can do one day a week from home, so hopefully that will ease some of the burden, but I obviously don't want to jeopardise my relationship with Azara, so I will have to be sensible. As I start tomorrow, I'll try and keep this short and sweet, but just to report that Azara is doing fantastically and has just spent a very happy week with Nanna and Pappa while Jon and I were in Iceland. We went camping and it was a really fascinating - if a little over-priced. It was the second time in a couple of weeks that we'd been away. Prior to that we were in Istanbul for my thirtieth, which luckily came and went without too much of a bang. The weekend in between was spent in Crosby and its highlight was a truly brilliant hen night for Ellen. It's amazing how great it is being back with the family and it's made me even more excited about the wedding in a few weeks' time. Sorry if Azara looks a little bit like a convict in this picture. I can't immediately find any other recent ones, so I thought I'd upload this for now. She really loves the tambourine -- a present from Turkey, along with some Turkish princess slippers.

Well, I'd better go. Love to you all,

Hannah

xxx

2 Comments:

  • Dearest Han

    Congratulations on your new job with Oxfam! We're delighted for you and we hope it all goes really well. Actually, juat before your update we heard on the grapevine (from Yamina!) that you were starting work there. She's coming to Peru this week and will be staying with us.

    Anyway, hope everything goes well and that the commute doesn't prove too tough. We're sure you'll be a star.

    Our news is that the Inedible Halk got a new job too -- for the FT in Chicago!! We're moving in October. Will be sad to say goodbye to life here but are looking forward to a new adventure.

    Lots of love to Jon, Azara and to yourself of course

    Lorena xxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:27 pm  

  • Am enjoying my turkish delight - from Turkey. Thank you very much!
    The current photo of The Bean does remind me of a certain ancient grandmother of Dave's, who went on a state sponsored trip of a lifetime to Australia in 1816, now that you mention it! Must be the stripey sweater....
    xx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home