Itchy Feet

Monday, May 07, 2007

Support please

I know this blog has become rather Azara-centric over the past few months, and I'm not making any excuses for that. But, I wanted to mention two other issues which are very important to me. The first is that Jon and I are running the Lymington 10k next Sunday (13th) for the RNLI. Jon is already a volunteer for the lifeboat crew here and this race is seeking to raise money for this brilliant association that helps so many people every year. So, if anyone feels particularly generous, please could you sponsor me. I know I've run 10ks before, but this could be tough as I've still getting fit after having Azara and I'm trying to shake off a chest infection which means I haven't run for two weeks.
Secondly, something which I am sure strikes a chord with any journalist and anyone who believes in the right to have a free press and in the bravery of people who continue to work as journalists in difficult situations. I'm sure you wil all have heard how the BBC's Gaza Reporter Alan Johnston has been kidnapped. The BBC is asking people who have blogs to include this link Alan Johnston bannerHopefully, this will give you more info on Alan's situation and allow you to add your name to the petition for him.
Thanks to all of you who read this.
Hannah

2 Comments:

  • Count me in for the sponsorship money - as long as it doesn't go into the beer fund!!
    Lovely to hear all the latest news and many thanks for all the photos.
    Love
    Fairy G
    xxxxxxxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:07 pm  

  • Hope Azara enjoys her trial session at Nursery tomorrow.Have you got her a satchel to put her pack-up in?
    Papa and I will sponsor both of you but don't do the run if you're still unwell. (Listen to your Mother's advice!!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home