Itchy Feet

Thursday, December 08, 2005

thoughts from a broad

Isn't it funny how sometimes you can be in the middle of a city of millions of people, hearing the sound of party goers, of people travelling home after work and readying themselves for a relaxing bank holiday, and feel quite alone? I really treasure my own company, but sometimes I think it would be really nice to have the company of someone you care about who cares for you too....not just the presence of someone for the sake of it, but the comfort of knowing that there is someone there by you, for you. I don't want to sound melodramatic, or like I am wallowing in self-pity, because I know there are dozens of friends and family members who are there for me, but I miss the physical touch and presence of people when I live by myself and I work from home. I suppose it's a compromise I make in this amazing life I lead, full of boundless opportunities to travel and limitless horizons that would make many people green. I hope I'm not coming across as grumbling.....just feeling a little bit alone. I'll be fine tomorrow...once the bank holiday is over and perhaps after receiving a few emails to perk me up.
I really have nothing to worry about though.....am thinking about Big Cuz a lot and all that she has been through and how damn brave she is....and how she's got the best family en el mundo.

2 Comments:

  • Can I be the first to volounteer to come and be the in-house relative that you can talk to and hug?!
    Sorry that I haven't visited the site lately - have been over in Manchester (or Mancland, as it's known in Liverpool) Am glad to report that Big Cuz was, indeed, very brave and is now home. In fact, as I write, she is probably supervising the tree decoration by Frank! She still has pain and feels a bit wobbly - otherwise she's okay. Should be back on her feet in a week or two.
    Bye for now.
    Much love from your doting Fairy. xxxxxxxxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:56 pm  

  • Dear Han, did you mean to put a space between the 'a' and the 'b' in abroad?!
    Did you know that you have written 'thoughts from a broad'!!
    Has nobody else noticed.........?
    xxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home