Itchy Feet

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Wine and windows and writing

Have been a little remiss in the past few days, partly because have been working, but also partly because I have been a little bit tired. Anyhow, following request from Fairy Godmother, I have posted a couple of pictures of the view from my window. If you look closely, you can see the snow...I promise. Thanks for the online comments...it's nice to know that at least some people in my family are technophiles and this is a pretty good way of communicating from afar. My Dad will no doubt be pleased that I have managed to change my profile and I am no longer a male...phew.
So, here I am at the end of November 2005, sitting in Santiago, with a lovely glass of Los Vascos cabernet sauvignon. Some things don't change...my predilection for the good beverages in life, but what a difference a year makes. Twelve months ago, I was in Haiti...a place that will always have a massive hold on me for various reasons...and trying to get my head around reports about a civil war and AIDS. Now, I am here in Chile, trying to get my head around a piece about the elections. I've been fighting with the article for a couple of days, but think it's pretty much done. Just need to take another look at it in the morning.
I don't think I gave feedback on the wine festival. It was pretty impressive. Dozens of stalls serving tasters of a wide range of wines. And for the equivalent of seven pounds, we got our own tasting glass and were able to try as many as we wanted. There were some fabulous ones, but of course I have no idea which ones they were, because I forgot my pen and paper and by the time I had been around half a dozen of the stands I had tried so many Carmeneres, Merlots, Cabernets that I was quite quite happy. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday evening at all.

2 Comments:

  • We think that the equivalent of £7 is a real bargain for such a fun evening (Dad says: cost of 2 bottles of Chilean wine in UK-Ed.)- even if you have no recollection afterwards!
    We saw the view from the balcony and want to see the real thing one day. Dad says: I'm cultivating my palate with Chilean wine in anticipation of a session. Mum says: Does the shower have a floor to ceiling window like Lima?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:27 pm  

  • Need loads more info on this change of male profile thingy. Sounds the most interesting thing that I've heard of all week........
    How does your Dad know all about these things??
    xxxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home