Itchy Feet

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

It feels funny writing Christmas cards when the weather is still warm. I went to the supermarket yesterday, with the intention of buying a mini Christmas tree to make myself feel more seasonal, but I came away with a juicer and loads of fresh fruit, which is good, but not the plan. Christmas is supposed to be cold. They were playing carols in the shop, which reminded me of a time I was in Peru, for my first warm Christmas and they were playing 'I'm dreaming of a white Christmas in the 30 degree heat in an open-door shopping centre on the edge of the coast call Larcomar. No chance of a white Christmas here and the white sprinklings on top of the mountains I can see from the window seems to reducing by the day. Perhaps my inability to think about Christmas yet is because I haven't been here for very long and I have no idea what I am going to be doing on Christmas day. Jon is coming to stay, which will be nice, but we are fairly hopeless at planning things in advance. The other thing I realised the other day is that I think Chileans are confused. They call Christmas 'Pascua', which is what the Peruvians call Easter. Now, someone was trying to explain to me the other day why they call it Pascua and Easter Pascua de la Resureccion, I bet Fairy G would know. And tomorrow is the day of the Immaculate Conception, which means a holiday here...yippee. My friend Mark is coming down from Lima and I am really excited about seeing him, because we haven't seen each other for months and I really miss him. Anyhow, better go and make some pretence of working. I went to yoga for the second time in my life yesterday, after joining a cute little gym around the corner, and am in a little bit of pain, but that's no excuse....
Hope to hear from you soon. Please everyone send good thoughts to my Big Cuz, who's going into hospital today.
The Chilean One
xxxx

1 Comments:

  • Yep, I'd better get the cards written too. Glad you had a great weekend - didn't hear about the medal, durrh - more to clean!! I'll join you in wishing Big Cuz ( or K.Mouse) best wishes for the op tomorrow.

    El Vino (alias Dodgy Rog) headed for Stansted for a flight to France on business this morning. Took 3 hrs to get as far as Doncaster and had to turn back. Saboutaged by a jumper=dead body on the M1, a burning lorry on the A1, a traffic jam on the M18 and lack of a map.
    Not a happy bunny.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home