Itchy Feet

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Let it snow -- yeah right

Okay, so it's officially summer tomorrow, but it's officially hot already. Actually, before you all turn green with envy, I know I am very lucky, but 34 degree heat can be a bit testing when you've got things to do! The streets of Santiago are mad busy with people buying there last minute Christmas presents and I guess they will just get busier....I'm trying to avoid the shopping malls now, but had to venture into one yesterday (still no tree am afraid, but I did buy some lights for the balcony to make it look more Christmassy), and they were playing yet another ironic festive song....'Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.....' In your Chilean dreams, mate.
Well, I'm happy to say that Jon has arrived safely and will be here for the next few weeks. I'm working pretty much right up to Christmas, which is fine with me, as it's going to be a quiet one, although we have been invited to a Christmas party on Friday and then we have the annual ritual Christmas run, up to the top of one of the hills in the city. The same one we went up for Virgin's day...evil, truly evil (not the day, the run). Oh, well, not much else to report. I was very glad that Big Cuz is up to posting messages on the blog...welcome and hope you're feeling a lot better. And, in answer to FG's request Crapbiggles is Pip...you remember from the pub at Matt and Cat's wedding...how could you forget! I hope he won't mind me giving his identity away. Righteo, have to go and prepare for an interview.
Besos
xxx

1 Comments:

  • Regarding Crapbiggles..........guess I should have known! Is he still in Italy - probably swaning around, looking cool if I remember correctly! If you read this Pip - hello and hope that things are okay with you.
    So glad that The Trapper has arrived. I hope that his steadying influence will stop you from doing some of the sillier runs in such heat! Anyway, enjoy your Christmas together, even if you don't have a respectable tree - only a beer bottle decorated with tinsel.............
    Love you loads
    The One and Only..........

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home