Itchy Feet

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Big Day

Apologies for not posting sooner, but as you can probably tell from this posting, we've been rather busy. Jon and I decided to get married and after only ten or so days of planning, we did so on Saturday. It was a lovely day, shared with Jon's Mum, my parents and brother, my cousin Kate and Jon's friend Steve and his girlfriend Claire. We are planning on having a bigger celebration next year and hope you can all make it. We decided to make Saturday as informal and small as possible as it was something we wanted to do for Bean and realised that it would also make our lives a lot easier. So, I hope you'll all understand and look forward to celebrating our day again early next year...date TBC. As you can see from the photos, Bean is growing at a remarkable pace and it's only six weeks now until due date. Still there seems like there is a mountain of things to do, although I've got the nappies in! Next week we are heading down to Cornwall for a week or so, which we are really excited about. Sarah and Steve are getting married and although I've never met Jon's sister, I feel like I know her really well. I've never been to Cornwall either, so am looking forward to that and the weather should be pretty good. We are going down there via London, where Jon has a job interview and I have some work to do for World Football, the World Service football programme I have worked for in the past. Not exactly sure when we are off, but before we go, we have our second parentcraft class tonight. This time it's about pain relief, something which I'm sure I'll need to know about in a matter of weeks! Well, I'll leave you with these pics and my love and hugs. Lorna and Hal, I hope you got back to Lima safely. Hope to hear from anyone who fancies posting soon. xxxx



5 Comments:

  • Lovely photos - thank you so much. The dress looked oh, so familiar to your Fairy G. How many times did we have it out of the bag???? Liked the shoes, but more important, the flower in your hair was inspired. You looked lovely. And so did the chap that was in all the photos. Did you know him? He also looked like he was enjoy ing himself!
    Anyway, on a serious note - many, many Congratulations and much love to you both! Welcome to the family Jon - we are proud to have you join us.
    Enjoy your holiday and wedding in Cornwall.
    Love Auntie Fred xxxxxxxxxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:51 pm  

  • Congratulations! Lorena and I agree that you look absolutely bloody lovely and Jon looks like he's concentrating on holding in those farts he's so notorious for. Let it out, Cap'n Chittock! Sorry to have missed you in Blighty. Am reliably informed you are still galavanting around Cornwall - scoffing pasties and cream teas no doubt and chillin with salty sea dogs. Life in Lima continues much the same - it's freezing, old men stand shiftily on street corners and mumble to each other of the days of the Peliroja, while the new BBC man has shacked up with Mary Powers in a two-in-a-quite-large-house lodger sex-free romp scandal. Well, incident, really. I off to Chile and Bolivia next week and Ecuador the week after. Then Tato and I are taking a well deserved rest in California, where we have booked two nights in a tent in Yosemite. Big spenders, huh? Anyway, hope we can actually speak some time soon. Lots of love, congratulations and tell Jon that smiling won't affect those boyish good looks too much. Love, the annoying twins. XXX

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:42 pm  

  • Glad you chose some good photos to put on and not the ones of us in our PJs!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for including me.
    xxxxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:54 pm  

  • I don't think so Party Poker man. Are you the same person as the Bermuda Auto Insurance??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:12 pm  

  • Hannah, Hannah. Been so long since I wrote for which I apologise but the Inedible Halk spoke for us both when he said how pleased we are for you, Jon and Bean.

    Absolutely LOVED your wedding photos, especially the one with the bin! Don't know how, but you always make everything seem cool and fun (much better than those airbrushed, posed wedding pics that most people seem to have).

    Anyway, love to you all and hope that everything's going well as the time for Bean to enter the world gets closer. I've also sent a message to your 'hotmail' email so try to check it when you've a moment.

    All our love, Lorena xxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home