Itchy Feet

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Here's the fat lady again, but still no singing


Sorry if the previous posting pic made you cringe...it makes me cringe a little too, but I promise I don't walk around in public like this. As you will see from this other photo, I do spend most of my time dressed, although I also seem to be spending copious amounts of time sleeping or at least trying to sleep. The well-dressed tramp photo was also taken on my birthday, while I was waiting for the ferry after Jon had taken me out for a meal at the Thai restaurant in Hamilton. I would blame the shut-eye on the celebratory glass of wine, but I just like sleeping at the moment, and given that I can rarely get comfortable, a bench is as good as anywhere. As you will see from this pic, I look a lot thinner when I am clothed...which can only be a good thing.
Thanks to all those friends and family who have sent me their words of wisdom which my request for advice or suggestions to help me and Jon through our current predicament. I know many people don't feel comfortable giving advice, and I know in the end we have to make the decision ourselves, but it really helps to get the perspective of other people on the situation.
The latest from the Devil's Isle is, as some of you may know, that Jon's work permit has been granted and my visa has been approved 'in principle'. What a horrible little phrase, full of all manner of hypotheticals. I don't want it approved 'in principle', but 'in practice'. Malcolm says this takes the pressure off us, but Jon doesn't agree, because we still need to make a decision and my tourist visa runs out on Tuesday. I can extend it a little longer, but really I wonder if we have lost all faith in this place.
Well that's about it for now. I've just got back from an hour-long walk and should probably have a shower now that the men drilling downstairs seem to be taking a tea or beer break.
Love to you all,
Han
xxx

1 Comments:

  • Ever seen that painting of Whistler's Mother......?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home