Itchy Feet

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Two months till Bean Day

Well, the title of this posting is pretty self-explanatory, but I thought I would just flag up my due date, which is rapidly encroaching on us.
Sorry it's been a while since I wrote anything of substance or sense. It's been a pretty frantic last week or so and, as I don't really have much news, I'm afraid I haven't had much incentive to write.
To update you all: I am still in Yorkshire, staying with my parents and hopefully moving into the cottage that they bought in a village a few miles away in the next few weeks. They are having terrible trouble trying to sell their house and have to keep the furniture in here because apparently furnished places sell better than those which aren't furnished. So, they cannot move into their new place, which forms the other half of the barn - cottage project they bought, until this house is sold. Complicated and more than a little bit stressful.
I am going to Liverpool at the weekend for a change of scenery and because Mum and Dad are both working. It will probably be the last chance I get to see my extended family before the Bean comes along and I'm taking advantage of the fact that I am not quite waddling and can still see my feet to go and stay with Fairy G and visit the rellies, which should be good fun. It will also keep me distracted while Jon is away. He left for London on Sunday and will be heading out for the Democratic Republic of Congo tomorrow (Weds). When I phoned the BBC last week to tell them that I was leaving Peru for good, I asked them if they were in need of security advisors and because they have had to pull so many out of their normal areas to help in the latest Middle East crisis, they did need someone in Africa, to help the news teams during the run-up to and coverage of the elections.
So Jon heads to deepest, darkest Africa tomorrow and I know he is looking forward to getting back into the kind of work he enjoys. He's only going for a week, but at least it will mean some cash and perhaps it will get him some good contacts and back in with the Beeb, who he used to do security work for. Needless to say, I am kicking myself a little bit as I am a little worried about him and it was me who persuade him to do it, but I know it'll be good and he'll be fine.
The weather here continues to be the kind of weather you always want when it's cold. The British are so funny...we never ever seem to be happy with the weather. Now this heatwave has gone on for a while and the days are truly beautiful, but there has been little let-up and it's a bit stressful being pregnant and not being able to get cool. But, at least it's not raining.....so I have no complaints.
The Bean seems to have been inspired by our return to England and is growing at an astounding pace, so my back has been quite painful in recent weeks. There's an awful lot of movement going on as well, which is probably a good thing, but makes for interesting nights!
Well, not much else to report, apart from the fact I am missing all my friends in Peru.
Love to you all,
H
xxx

2 Comments:

  • Mark in Peru writes...
    At least some of your friends here miss you, too!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:38 pm  

  • What is all this nonsense about the British never appreciating the occasional heatwave?? This particular Brit, for one, has never been known to complain!
    Strange, that when your Mum was expecting you, we were having a heatwave as well. It lasted for months and we were never known to complain, then, either!!
    Just to inform the rest of your friends and rellies - that Hannah might be increasing in size at a rapid rate - but she can still shop me under the table. But we had a lovely time for 4 days.....
    Love from Fairy G.xxxxxxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home