Itchy Feet

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Blockbusters and bananas

I felt a lot better after last night's rant......and was then going to erase the posting, but I thought that would be slightly dishonest. I wandered down to Larcomar and had a kappa maki vegetable sushi before going to see 'Good Night and Good Luck', which I thought was one of the best films I had seen in long, long time. Not only was the acting fantastic, but the direction and the way they spliced authentic TV archives from the McCarthy era with black and white documentary style film footage was really inspired. It reminded me somewhat of the film noirs I studied at university and was, of course, more appealing to me than it might be to others because of the journalism link. I wandered back home only to be kept awake most the night by some rather excessive and bloody awful music being played at, what I think was, a disco on the coastal road. The beat was so loud I could feel it even with ear plugs in, which was pretty frustrating.
Mark got back last night and so it's really nice to have some company. I updated him with the comedy of errors of the current situation and then we went to Starbucks, then shopping because he has invited a friend over tonight for dinner. He's been joking it's a double date....or at least he has two dates!
Oh, I almost forgot to mention the banana in the title, although I may have done so already, in which case I am sorry and will happily blame it on my shared brain(!), but Bean really seems to like bananas and every time I eat one, he or she seems to wake up and give me a prod as if to say, thanks for that. That's just happened now....
Well, off to the gym shortly. Much love
Han
xx

3 Comments:

  • Dearest Han and Banana-loving Bean,
    So sorry to hear from your last but one email that things are getting you down. You've coped so well so far and I'm glad you've got company again now.
    Bean likes bananas - well good because they are very healthy. It could have been pickled onions, which of course you loved inside and outside the womb! The other thing that made you excited and kick was when I watched Clint Eastwood at the cinema - maybe you sensed that I thought he was sex on legs. (Mind you look at him now!!)
    Love you, Mum xxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:23 pm  

  • And I'm glad to be back!
    Mark

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:08 pm  

  • Remember to take note of when The Bean is most active - for that's when it will be awake and wanting attention when it is born. Oh, the middle of the night huh? Well there you go then - just when you thought that things could get no worse..........!
    Take care, and keep well.
    AND STOP DOING TOO MUCH AT THE GYM!!
    Love Auntie Fred x

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home