Itchy Feet

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Jelly Belly and Jelly Bean

Four months until D-day, although if any of the Peruvian or Bermudian mentality has rubbed off, our baby is likely to be born later than September 25th. That said, perhaps Mummy's impatience might rub off!
I bought some really lovely baby clothes the other day, inspired by the fact I was in a bit of a foul mood -- hormones and future uncertainty, coupled with the almost incessant noise of construction from outside -- and it made me really happy. As we have chosen not to find out if we're having a blue or a pink baby, yellow clothes were the answer and I found a pack of three very sweet ones for a bargain -- just over five pounds -- a little two-piece blue outfit (fine for girls as it's one of my favourite colours) with penguins and polar bears on and a gorgeous little Classic Pooh set with a bib, booties and a hat with a tiny Tigger embroidered on them. I also went to the Inca Market here in Miraflores and bought a couple of lovely embroidered wall hangings, the larger one depicting an Andean scene complete with llamas and the smaller one, a Noah's Ark scene.
I've been working pretty hard the past few days, trying to distract myself from thinking about the uncertainty we are facing in Bermuda and trying to earn some money. Luckily Peru is cheap and I didn't blow my earnings on the baby stuff.
But, I've pretty much wrapped up what I needed to do, including a piece on the the rental market in Bermuda, which hopefully the FT is going to use, and now I am going to have a quieter few days, looking for more stories, taking it easy before the onslaught of next weekend's elections.
I'm keeping pretty healthy and still going to the gym, although I don't think I am going to be running for much longer, and have been eating loads of fruit and veg. I don't think my tummy button is going to hold out for much more though as it seems to be level with my tummy...no longer an inny but a flatty and I imagine it will be an outty soon, which I think is a little bit weird.
Oh well, mustn't grumble. Although the flipping construction has just started again, which makes me growl, so I'll sign off for now.
With lots of love,
Hannah
xxx

1 Comments:

  • Dear Hannah,

    I just wanted to say that I am really enjoying reading your blog entries, keeping up with your pregnancy and discovering what it's like being a pregnant journalist in Peru who is moving to Bermuda. It is a fairly mad life you lead, but I am loving to hear all about it and Jelly Bean via Itchy Feet. Take care of yourself and the wee one and don't work too hard!

    All the best from Germany, love Lucy

    By Blogger Lu, at 10:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home